Monday, April 17, 2017

Why I Blog











Every single day there are tiny little miracles unfolding all around us.  I didn't always know this.  I wasn't always attuned to it.  I was sleepwalking.  And then I went through a sort of crisis around the age of 40 or so, and thanks to a lot of prayer and the benevolence and grace of God, I woke up. Not all at once, but gradually, over time.  It was like a veil being slowly lifted from my eyes, and ever since then I have seen it and it has changed me.  I am not the same person I was before.  I see things in a different way, and I most definitely think about things in a different way, and I am so grateful.  I was not a happy person before.

Sometimes I ask myself why I blog.  What is the point? It is one drop in a thousand oceans, one voice in a vast multitude, and sometimes I feel a bit lost and overwhelmed in the crowd.  But today I think I realized why I blog.  It's because I am so very grateful for what I can now see, and I want others to see it too.


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have always enjoyed your posts. You have always made me happy to share a bit of what you have shared with your boys in exploring the wonders of nature. I have also enjoyed the posts you have shared that showcase the art you create. We all have our reasons to blog. I can see that you and I share the some of the same purpose.
Happy Monday and have a great week.
xx, Carol

Barbara said...

So true, Starr. I'm older and still trying to wake up to those tiny miracles. Perhaps asking for help, not expecting immediate changes, yet staying aware and open to them is the path. Thank you for your example. That is why you blog, to have an impact on the rest of us.

Michelle said...

Your photos show the perfect shades of nature. I love the next to last photo of the leaf in its intricate detail.

I can say that I blog just because I like it. If no one else hears my voice but me, that's good enough.

Tammie Lee said...

Sharing our wonderful world, as you have in this post is a lovely reason to blog. That is what is behind my photography blog as well. Your photos are beautiful. It has been too long since I have stopped by. Lovely weekend to you.