Flickr

Monday, March 13, 2017

Springing Forward








Aaaaah, Spring! The feeling of awakening is palpable here.  Every day it's a little bit greener.  There are more creatures about - the front yard is filled with fat robins fishing for worms every morning and there is a great fat-bottomed bumblebee regularly visiting my potted pansies on the back porch.  I've even seen a few butterflies fluttering around!  and I've been doodling in my sketchbook a little here and there. still intimidated by the vast ocean of things I don't know. still standing at the edge just getting my feet wet. wanting to jump in.

2 comments:

Valerie Gardiner said...

Dear Starr, it's so nice to catch up with you after a year, don't worry about taking the plunge into the unknown, you have wings and soon you will fly like the robins and bees in your magic garden, they will show you the way! Just pick up a pencil and start to draw, you can do it!! XXXX

Barbara said...

I always enjoy your artistic photos, and this time especially liked getting a peek at where you work. Spring is coming here as well, in spite of our blizzard forecast yesterday. This morning it seems to be only skirting us with a mix. Definitely a sign of spring! We also have robins everywhere, and I hear other birds that I only hear early spring. Jump in there, we want to follow your art along as it comes forth! I've missed it.