Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Latest Buzz...tee hee



I have a wonderful friend who keeps bees.  She is one of my oldest and truest friends of more than 20 years.  One of the most generous and loving people I have ever met, I never leave her house without an armload of goodies from her garden or kitchen or both!  It is only a small token of love and friendship, but I think she will like it. Fingers crossed.

I was so happy with the design, I have decided to make another one and will probably list it for sale in my Etsy shop when it's finished. It will likely be slightly different as I am still working out my process as I go along, and I enjoy making each piece unique.

I painted the little bee skep and sunflower with acrylic paint mixed with a textile medium, but I ended up getting a bit carried away with the embroidery - again.  My goal is to paint pictures and embellish them with embroidery, but I seem to always end up covering them up with stitches. sigh. What can I say? I was listening to the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes audiobook and didn't want to stop.  I love me some stitching and a good murder mystery :)




10 comments:

Michelle said...

I think this is adorable and I admire your talent!

Doniene said...

Your work is always so wonderful!! So creative!!! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!!

Blessings and hugs!

Valerie Gardiner said...

What a pretty combination of lavender and bees, I'm sure your friend will love it. Xx

Jules Woolford said...

It's gorgeous! She's going to be absolutely thrilled. I treasure my bluebird you made for me so much. Make more!xxx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great!! You are finding time to nurture your creative spirit. Your friend is lucky to receive a crafty gift from you.
xx, Carol

Raewyn said...

Hi Star, this is beautiful - your friend will treasure it, I'm sure! I enjoyed your previous post too, your photos and your words. :-)

handmade by amalia said...

What a thing of beauty! This is bound to see your friend buzzing with joy.
Amalia
xo

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Beautifully designed and embroidered. This will be a precious gift for your friend.

Wynette Vass said...

So very pretty!! Your friend will cherish it. Good to see ya getting back your creative juices. :))

Jeri Landers said...

It is charming and lovely and naturally, it is perfect, because bee hives always are! Your friend is very lucky as are you.