Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring!









It's here! It's here! All of a sudden, our world has burst into bloom.  We have been blessed with a string of warm, sunny, gorgeous days strung together like pearls on a necklace, and the woods are exuberant with blossom and bloom.  Like the rosy cheeks of a baby when awakening from a long and restful sleep, the woods are blushing pink and vibrant with new life.  Am I gushing? Yes, I'm gushing. But the feeling is contagious! the feeling of freshness and renewal and oh the possibilities!! So much inspiration everywhere, my head can barely contain it all.  And there is a feeling of urgency too. So much to do! So many creative ideas to explore and so much garden work to do.  There is planting and transplanting and bed preparation to be done.  Trips to the plant nursery, the botanical gardens to see the cherry blossoms, OH! so many wonderful things to do and enjoy. I    love   spring!!!  Can you tell? ;))))

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Lucky you! I'm sitting by my window looking at 5" new snow. But your post is a welcome reminder spring can't be far away. :)

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

What a gorgeous blog and photos! I'm so glad you visited mine, thank you!

Margo Brooks said...

OH wow! It is warm now that I'm in Denver, but I haven't seen any flowers, although the bulb flowers are trying to come up. I love magnolias. How beautiful.

Valerie Gardiner said...

Perfect post for the first day of spring! Lucky you to have so much lovely colour already, my magnolia and forsythia are still tightly budded. And you've got some of my favourite wood anemones too, I'm so jealous. XX

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thank you!! there is hope for Northern Indiana yet!! We have snow in our forecast and no real warm weather trend in site..but it's on its' way!!

thanks for sharing your blossoms.
xx, Carol

Suztats said...

I'm glad it's there: it looks beautiful! I'm still waiting for it to get here........1st full day of spring we awoke to snow. Second day of spring was a repeat........argh.

Jules Woolford said...

Hooray for Spring!Isn't it wonderful! I'm so glad it's reached you too. I always think of you when I see the magnolias grown as specimen trees over here .x

Kelly Deal said...

You're so lucky! The blooms in the forest are gorgeous! I'm like Barbara, I'm looking out the window at dirty snow right now.

magnoliasntea said...

Hello Starr!
What a beautiful place you have here at your site, and I am so envious of your woods at your home. The blooms are so beautiful! We have just under five acres, all pasture, but we're thinking of letting a few acres go to wood. I'm so excited.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit. :)

barbara judge said...

I hear your excitemnt in your words. You definityly sound ready for spring -- your photos are GREAT! -- barbara

Julie said...

What beautiful spring blooms,always so welcome after a long cold winter. We are just heading into autumn in New Zealand, still beautiful warm days, but the mornings are a little cooler now.