Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Upcycling: Altered Art Tin (Can)


"Renewal" Altered art tin by Starr White

Inspired by all the wonderful altered art I've seen on Pinterest, I decided to give it a try and alter a little tin can myself.  It represents renewal - new life for an old tin can and the coming of spring all rolled into one! The little bunny which looks like a guinea pig with large ears is my first anything-other-than-toadstools attempt at sculpting. I love him. and his tiny pink toadstools. 

What do you think of altered art?  I think it's fabulous, and if I knew how to weld or solder, no piece of rusty junk would be safe around me.  I see lots of altered art sculptures at the museums, and they always fascinate me.  Once, we saw a T-rex made entirely out of recycled metal that looked like it had been liberated from a junk yard.  It was wonderful!!  That was years ago, and ever since then, I have had a desire to do something with junk.  Something on a much smaller scale.  And finally here it is.  Not a T-rex, but a sweet little bunny pig munching on tiny lichen cabbages.  Recycled - my way:))))

5 comments:

Valerie Gardiner said...

This is so sweet, I love the tiny pink mushrooms. Up-cycling is fun, I've got a stash of stuff I can't throw away 'just in case' I get inspired one day!

Jules Woolford said...

A tiny woodland world in a can. Perfect! Ditto Valerie, I love the mushrooms and bunny is so sweet - he blends perfectly with his adorable home. This could be the way for you to link your both woodland and indoor creations?x

Wynette Vass said...

So very pretty! Love it! I also love your new blog layout.

Valerianna said...

Nice piece, and especially works well with the aged can.

Suztats said...

And so adorable!