Flickr

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chiiiirp Chiiiiiirp


So.  This week I finally joined the rest of the civilized world and got myself a Facebook page. So far, it's pretty quiet over there.

oh. and I also opened a little shop on Etsy.

I whisper that.  I'm afraid to say it out loud.  Can it be true?  It's a dream I've carried for so long, I hardly know how to feel now that it has happened.  It certainly doesn't feel the way I thought it would.  My fledgling flight into the world of artistic entrepreneurship is fraught with more anxiety than exhilaration.  I am afraid of failure, but I am also afraid of success. ?????? do you do that too?

Now I know how all the little baby birds feel when it is finally time to leave the nest.  I understand all the questions that must flood their wee brains.  Where will I land?  What if I can't fly????!!!  What the crap made me think I could???? What if I fall?  What then? Everything at that moment is an absolute unknown.  And still they jump and spread their wings and.....here's the key.....they trust.

I never realized how brave they are.



10 comments:

PeregrineBlue said...

thank you for commenting on my blog which brings me here to read yours. love your love of the woods and just bought yourvtoadstool diorama for good luck. wishing you the best on etsy. much love, constanza

Margo Brooks said...

Congratulations!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Congratulations on the shop. A friend's shop absolutely TOOK OFF after joining a facebook group that leaves pieces of their art in random spots with an encouragement note. She went from zero sales to tons. Facebook has become the place to promote your business. Good luck, you pieces are too cute not to sell.
xx, Carol

Jules Woolford said...

Hooray! Congratulations! You are much braver than me. I'm off to find you on FB!xxx

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations!!! I added your shop to my favorites. I have a Facebook page about my doll making and have 510 followers already. It certainly is the place to get known.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Good for you! Hope you enjoy Facebook and do great with your Etsy shop. I've just sent you a friend request and favoured your shop :)

Penny said...

Congratulations! I know you'll do well.

Barbara said...

Try to approach it all with just having fun in mind. I have a love/hate relationship with facebook, and I only stay there to take part in a quilt swap facebook group. I don't interact or post on my page, its just not my cup of tea. But I do enjoy my etsy shop. Not a ton of sales, but a place to have my art seen. I also LOVE blogging. Remember this one word, Enjoy!

Meg said...

Congratulations, dear Starr, on all that you have achieved. And on your first Etsy sale, I see. How rewarding for you! And I love the new look of your Blog. So happy for you dear friend.

Suztats said...

I think those feelings are normal for spreading one's wings. But you are courageous, too, because you did it despite the fear! Wishing you a ton of success with your Etsy.