Flickr

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Awakenings








Morning is my favorite time of the day.  It's my quiet time.  My very best thinking time.  And I am blessed to be the only early riser in my family, so I get to have my mornings all to myself.  I have noticed changes in the mornings here recently.  Spring is in the air, even on the coldest mornings.  I can feel it.  Perhaps it is the angle of the sun or the chorus of birdsong so very early.  It is the earliest stirrings of awakening from the long sleep of winter, and I feel a kind of hopeful anticipation growing all around me.  The same feeling I have every morning of a fresh new day.  It's amazing to me how life repeats itself in cycles all around us.  Our lives, the seasons, a new day, all follow the same cycle of birth and life and sleep and renewal. Isn't that just a wonderful thought?

Have you read Tuck Everlasting? It is a magical, beautifully written story about a girl who discovers the secret to eternal life and then has to decide if she wants to live forever....or not.  I read it in one evening - couldn't put it down.  If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend it.

Wishing you all a lovely Valentine's Day this weekend.  Share a little love with absolutely everyone you can.  The world needs more love in it.

Blessings

8 comments:

Raewyn said...

I love your photos Starr. We've had a slight autumn feel in our air lately - I find the turn of a season is a lovely time - full of expectation and excitement of the changes.

Jules Woolford said...

She's on her way! More buds are trying to form, and catkins are decorating the trees. Happy Valentines my friend!

Valerie Gardiner said...

How eloquently you express my feelings about life and renewal, have a lovely Valentine's day with your family Starr.

Valerianna said...

That first photo is so beautiful, Starr! I love early mornings, though I love to sleep in when I can!

Suztats said...

It's the silence pre-dawn that has a magical quality to it, I think. The world whispers itself awake, bit by bit, and all things are possible. It has the promise of new beginnings in hushed tones. Beautiful.

Jeri Landers said...

Early mornings are my summer and spring thing. SO THIS is what Early morning looks like in the winter?! Maybe I should awaken earlier! Beautiful photos. I've never read the book, now I wonder what her decision was....

barbara judge said...

Here in Oregon we have daffs blooming and bird's singing out spring songs. In our part of the country, like yours -- it is spring like. Unfortunately for the the North and the East they are having a tough winter. I think of them in their cold and snowy situations -- barbara

Barbara said...

For me it's spring birds, even the tap-tap-tap of the woodpecker, yes spring is in the air here in NJ as well. Your photos have touched me. Could we be the only ones who still use doilies, soulmates perhaps? I'm Im a new follower, and thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to see some rust-dyed fabric on your blog soon!