Monday, January 26, 2015

Tiny Worlds: Forest Floor Diorama (with bird)



Hello dear friendlies! I have been having ever so much fun making little vessels for my tiny toadstools and found objects.  This little vessel and bird were handcrafted from Creative Paperclay (my new best friend) and then painted and crackled (Folk Art brand crackle medium) and glittered to my little hearts content. Tucked inside are my teeny tiny little toadstools, mosses, lichens, and even a baby snail shell which was found abandoned by my youngest.  I am quite attached to this one, and I don't think I will be able to part with it anytime soon.

I suppose that means I need to make more :)





8 comments:

Valerie Gardiner said...

This is just beautiful Starr, it looks like an old piece of pottery, full of character. I'm trying to imagine how small it must be by the size of the snail shell.

Jules Woolford said...

I love it! I can just imagine coming on the vessel in a beautiful old wild garden....

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Totally fabulous! Great use of the crackle medium.

Wynette Vass said...

So very beautiful and intricate!! I am in love with your tiny toadstools! I think it would be hard to give that one up as well.

Mary Ann said...

I love it:) I looks like weathered stone...very cool technique.

jenclair said...

Lovely! A tiny, intimate vignette that inspires a sense of warmth and whimsy!

Jeri Landers said...

What a fascinating art product, it looks like concrete, but is paper? I adore your tiny creations.
In the post beneath, WOW, I am crazy for tree roots, aren't they just fascinating! Makes the imagination go wild thinking of all the little tunnels and cave inside where funny critters may dwell.

Suztats said...

Your miniatures are absolutely fabulous! I'd thought this was a still life in a small, concrete bird bath. Lovely work.