Flickr

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Still Life



Santa Baby kindly brought me some Creative Paper Clay for Christmas this year (I was really almost very good!), and I've been playing with it.  I created this lovely little coppery glazed shroomy with it and then had a bit of fun staging a still-life for it.  I plan to pop a screw-eye into to the top of him so he can hang proudly from, well, anywhere I can find to hang him! A door knob, a drawer knob, one of the tiny nails in the hearth that we usually hang our stockings from.  I like him, and I loved making him, and I expect he will soon have some brothers and sisters and cousins to keep him company :)




10 comments:

Meg said...

Starr, it looks so real! You had me fooled completely! Incredible.

Valerie Gardiner said...

Wow Starr I thought it was real, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it's family. The still lifes are a lovely idea too, nice home decorations for all year round, you could colour co-ordinate to the seasons, pale green for spring etc.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

He's beautiful!! Santa's helper (ahem, me) brought me some paper clay too but I haven't yet had time to work with it. You make me want to pull it out and play right now. Can't wait to see what else you make.

Jules Woolford said...

Don't believe you! It's real :) It's absolutely gorgeous! I love it all but the shroom is magical.x

Valerianna said...

Wow... completely fooled me!! Cool!

Mary Ann said...

I thought it real too....:)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh!! You have this technique DOWN! I thought you were showing more wonderous pics from you forest!! Cool

Suztats said...

So realistic! I thought it might be a still life photo from your woods, so this is amazing work! I haven't heard of paper clay, but it sounds like fun.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Wow - looks awesome! Super job Starr as it looks incredibly real. Would never have guessed it wasn't.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Wow! It looks so real! You are amazing!