Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Paths


Have you ever followed a deer path through the woods?  I highly recommend it.  You will find all sorts of interesting and wonderful things.  Like gardens of tiny little mushrooms.....


moss covered trees and fern banks....



Who knows? You might even happen upon the humble home of some little forest folk :)


Or a wonderfully twisty tree branch....


So many things to inspire the imagination! Often times I walk the same path over and over again, content to do the same old thing the same old way.  But my little adventure down the deer path made me think that perhaps I need to be a bit more adventurous in the coming year and embrace all the changes taking place in our lives with a spirit of hopefulness and optimism rather than fear and trembling. Take a new path! Try a new thing! You never know where it may lead or what wonderful things you might discover along the way.




12 comments:

Margo Brooks said...

I am always tempted, but our New England woods are so full of poison ivy, it isn't recommended for those of us who are highly allergic. Your woods seem so nice and clean!

Valerie Gardiner said...

Thanks for taking us for a walk through your woods, they do look so peaceful at this time of year when everything is at rest. Those tiny mushrooms are adorable and I might have to draw them some time soon.

margaret said...

you must feel such contentment when you have strolled through your woods I certainly enjoy the journey

Jules Woolford said...

So lovely to walk with you through the wonderland again! And great advice, I am certainly going to try a new path this year. x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a wonderful walk.I can only imagine the stories that you and the boys created along the way. I remember the time my boys accompanied me on a walk around the mountain at Mammoth Cave Kentucky. A BEAR followed us along the path, though we never got a peek at him. It was a marvelous hike!
xx, Carol

Suztats said...

I enjoyed that lovely walk through the woods. Thank you.

Valerianna said...

Good to "see" you, Starr, and thanks for the lovely walk!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful pictures. Thank you for taking us along on your walk. I too am planning on some changes this year. On my desk at work I have a post-it note that reads: One's life doesn't get better by chance but by change. I recently joined the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild and will see where that will lead me :)

Wynette Vass said...

Lovely walk in your woods! I saw a pretty picture of a snow covered mushroom on pinterest just the other day and I thought about you. Then you post a picture of a mushroom patch! Wishing you and your family a very adventurous new year!

Joanna DeVoe said...

Lovely! Lovely! Love it all!

barbara judge said...

Your woodlands are full of plants that intrigue me. Your moss is a lovely green right now. I read a book lately that I know you would enjoy if you haven't read it already. It is "Gathering Moss: A Natural and Cultural History of Mosses" by Robin Wall Kimmerer. She in a native American writer -- her book reads like a novel but yet is non-fiction containing fascinating facts about mosses. I bought my copy off Amazon for about 15.00. -- barbara

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Such beautiful woods. I love the hole in the tree.