Flickr

Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Wonderland Woods Workshop



Hello friends!! Hope you are all having a very merry Christmas this year.  We've been super busy with our new home school adventures - it's so much fun! I haven't had much time for making things and blogging these days, but I did manage to spend a few cozy fireside evenings crafting a few little ornaments.  I thought I would share them with you!


My family especially liked this one that looks like a little gnome home.  Can you see the little immature acorn I used for his doorknob?  Everything I used to make these was literally stuff I had lying around the house and stuff I've gathered from the woods.  I had so much fun making these! I had almost forgotten how much fun it is to make things.  Now I've got the bug again - the crafting bug, and I'm full of ideas and excitement.  I love when that happens.



I love the sweet gum ball "bead" on this one.  I've been trying to come up with a way to use those little guys for years.  So simple. Just some paper, scissors, glue, and things collected from my walks in the woods makes me unreasonably happy.  Oh, and add to that a crackling fire, a snoring cat, some soft Christmas choral music in the background and you have my idea of peace on earth.  It really is the simple things in life, you know?

Encouraged by friends and family, I finally had the courage to list these on Ebay.  Wish me luck!! If they sell, I might consider making more and finally opening that Etsy store I've been thinking about for years and years.  We'll see.  That dream just won't die, so I guess maybe I should just go ahead and give it a try.  I think if God keeps whispering something in our hearts and minds, maybe we should listen.

Well, here's wishing you all a very merry Christmas and happy holiday season.  I hope you all have love, warmth, peace and comfort for yourself and for your families this year and in the coming new year.

Best wishes!
Starr

8 comments:

Valerie Gardiner said...

Hi Starr, I've been thinking of you and hoping all is well in your wonderful woodland home, I'm so pleased the home schooling is going well. These decorations are delightful and I'm sure you'll do well selling them. I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas and hope the New Year lives up to all your hopes and dreams. xx

margaret said...

what I love about these are they are so different form the usual babbles etc and love the idea of using things from those wonderful woods really lovey

Jules Woolford said...

Lovely, Lovely! I especially love the bunny pictures. I am so glad homeschooling is going so well- we miss you though! Good luck with the Etsy listings - I think it's a marvelous idea.x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very special ornaments. I'm so glad all is well with you and your family. Good luck with sales.

Merry Christmas
xx, Carol

jenclair said...

I love the ornaments! The gumball bead it perfect!

Jeri Landers said...

Star, I have missed you! I am glad to see you back and crafting darling little woodland goodies. I think the bunnies in the pincone bud frame is precious. Set up that etsy shop, some people do very well, others do better on ebay. I set up an Etsy shop 3 years ago and never even opened it. That is on my list to do in 2015. Wish you and yours a jolly good Christmas and great joy and success in the year to come! Jeri

Wynette Vass said...

Beautiful ornaments! Glad to hear that home schooling is going great. Wishing you many sales! Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love them! You are so very clever and yes indeed, you should open a little Etsy shop! Hugs and Merry Christmas sweets. :)