Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Blush








It is Indian summer here in Alabama, and cooler nights have finally brought autumn's first blush to our woodland home.  The trees are slow to turn as summer lingers at our doorstep, kissing us a fond farewell.  It was a glorious summer for us - the best ever, I think.  And in God's great wisdom, mercy, and love, he gives us the gift of autumn to ease her passing.

Many of you have asked how the home school is going, and I am warmed by your thoughtfulness and caring.  To be very honest, it's harder than I thought it would be, and I knew it wasn't going to be easy.  Some days I feel quite overwhelmed, but other days I wonder why we waited so long to do this.  It's a tremendous commitment and responsibility, but like all things that are worth doing, the rewards far exceed the difficulties.  I feel so blessed to be able to home school my children, and I'm giving it everything I've got, so if I'm absent for long stretches, please forgive.  It's a lifestyle change, and I'm not sure how I will ever find time for regular blogging again anytime soon, but only time will tell.  Thank you for your visits and your kind words.  I am truly humbled by how many people I've never even met can be so kind and caring toward me and my family.  Bless you.  See you soon! xoxo

9 comments:

Suztats said...

Wonderful autumn colours in your corner of the world, Starr. Hope things get into a nice routine for you with all the new changes. Best wishes.

margaret said...

your woods are looking glorious how wonderful to be able to stroll around them. Good to read the home schooling is going well with the odd hickupI am sure it will get easier in time.

Penny said...

Beautiful pictures! That's another blessing of Autumn, the photographic glory *smile*. You're doing a good job with your children, and I imagine learning things about yourself as you go along - and that's a rich life.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love that you see so much in your forest that others never will, even if they walk by. Your boys are learning the true value of nature and I'm sure they will honor it as they grow into fine young men.

Perhaps you can incorporate blogging into their studies. Even just one pic they appreciate and a short description of why they like it. It would be a great way to stay in touch with all of us that have come to love you AND your boys.
Much Love
Carol

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures:)

PeregrineBlue said...

What a terrific idea.

PeregrineBlue said...

Thank you for leaving such a lively comment on my blog. My children are all grown up and independent giving me time, at last, to pursue what I enjoy. Loving your photos of your Indian Summer; we are having one here in California too, record temperatures in the 90s but no complaints.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So happy for you and your children. Sending hugs

Ghost Lily said...

Hi Starr,
Lovely Autumn photos seem to be on every blog I visit at the moment!
I love your shots and it has been such a mild autumn so far in England as well.
Home schooling sounds amazing for your children, although challenging, I bet they love learning and spending time with you!
Have a great weekend together.
xx