Flickr

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bounty





We are quite literally enjoying the fruits of summer.  I think I may have mentioned in my last post that that tomato plant popped up in a flower pot in the back yard and I transplanted it into this big one, and now look at those little baby tomatoes!! Every single time that happens, it always feels like a miracle.  The blueberries are from the bushes planted by previous owners of this property many years ago, and the blackberries are wild.  My youngest son and I had such fun picking them this afternoon - he got so excited every time he found a big juicy fat one! Oh, how I hope and pray that excitement and pleasure sinks way down deep into his soul.  I hope he never loses that sense of joy and amazement at finding gorgeous food growing in the wild or in our own backyard.

Life is good, and my heart is full.  Here's wishing you all a happy Independence Day and may you also enjoy the fruits of summer.  Blessings to you and yours!


6 comments:

margaret said...

well I have just sung away to your Great is thy faithfullness and it is only 7am just as well I live on my own. Thanks Starr, how I enjoy the old hymns even though i am tone deaf.
As usual you have shown some lovely photos of your place, is the bell for calling your son in from playtime when lessons are due?

Valerie Gardiner said...

What delicious looking fruit, blueberries are my favourites from when I used to collect them in Sweden with my Dad. Your blackberries are very early too, what a feast you had with your boys. I am sure they will grow up with a love of nature with such a nature loving Mum.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your hope is really that your boys will always find joy in their love of nature and comfort in all it offers.

As my daughter is 40 and my grandsons entering adulthood I can attest that what we learn as children becomes part of our being and lives in our heart.

Be sure that your wishes will come true.

I love the serenity of your tiny pond and waterfall. Its definitely a spot to connect with the Universe and meditate.

Happy holiday..be safe.
xx, Carol

Penny said...

Beautiful images!! Sadly our blueberries never make it to our table as the birds always get to them first. But I'm happy for the birds because then they sing and I get to enjoy that. Your life is indeed full of joy.

Wynette Vass said...

Very lovely images of a terrific summer you are enjoying!! I can attest to children keeping the love of wild and garden grown fruits and veggies. To this day whenever my teenage/young adult kids and I go for hikes and come across wild berries we spend way too much time munching on the wonderful finds!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A grateful heart is always a happy heart. So many wonderful things in your world to be grateful for. :)
Hugs!