Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June








: Mushroom cap the size of a saucer! : blowing bubbles (through the front porch screen door) : gorgeous native oak leaf hydrangea : diy tomato trellis in the afternoon light : faux fossil clay pendants : pillowcase for the Little Boy (the one blowing the bubbles above :)

So much has happened in the last few weeks here.  School is out - for a very long time - as we have made the decision to homeschool our boys next year.  I am both looking forward to it and terrified at the same time.  When not Googling everything I can find about homeschooling, I am spending every available second outside.  The tomato plant in that pot sprouted in a flower pot in the back yard! So we went down to the woods, gathered up a wheelbarrow load of beautiful, black composted topsoil and filled up that huge pot with it.  Then we cut down some silver maple saplings (they grow like weeds here) and cut some long honeysuckle vines to secure it with - boom! diy tomato trellis. And finally, happily, I am making things again.  The stress of the past few months (jobs, finances, school) have melted away with the long summer afternoons.  I think I must be part plant.  I can feel myself unfurling.  Stretching.  Relaxing. Soaking up the sun.  Growing.

Love you guys. Thanks for stickin' with me.

9 comments:

margaret said...

so good to read you are back creating lovely things Starr. Woods are looking so green and fresh, Love the hydrangea, the leaves are so different from ours. Enjoy the summer break before you start thr home tutoring, can see lots of it being taken outdoors. Schools here get 6 weeks but my granddaughter is 16 and leaves school on friday, she still does not know what she wants to do, maybe go back to the 6th form depends on how well she has done in the exams

margaret said...

I am back agaig, have just read Stitchery Dickory Dock blog, not sure of you follow her but she has just decided to home school and has a very interesting blog about it, think you might enjoy reading what she has to share hope you do not mind me telling you.

Penny said...

So lovely to see your pictures and to picture you 'unfurling'!! We have the beautiful oak leaf hydrangeas in our yard also. They are so gorgeous - but at this time everything is. Sending you strength and joy!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hey! Hello!! So nice to hear from you! You sound so relaxed. I'm so glad things are coming together for you. I'm sure your decision to home school will bring you even closer to your boys. Just breathe deep!!
xx, Carol

Jules Woolford said...

Just catching up with myself Starr, post holiday. Gosh, you have had a lot going on, I am so glad life is settling down for you. You've made an exciting decision with the home schooling. It sounds like the right one! :) Take care and I will be in touch.x

Suztats said...

Gorgeous photos, Starr! I bought myself a container of bubble stuff, and have been happily blowing huge bubbles in the back garden. ;-)
So happy you are back to creating, and enjoying the warm weather! Unfurl and reach for the stars!

Valerie Gardiner said...

Glad to see you back Starr, and that things are going better for you, I can just imagine you unfurling like one of those crosiers in your last post. Love that big white mushroom too. xx

Raewyn said...

Nice to see you back. Your photos are lovely, and I hope you continue to unfurl in a most positive way. Best wishes with your home schooling decision.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful pictures Starr:) Home schooling is a very big challenge but a rewarding one. I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventure.