Thursday, May 15, 2014

Where the Wild Fern Grows


                                                           My favorite ferny glade.

                           
                               Christmas ferns, so called because they are evergreen here.
               
                             
                                I love the baby ones.

                             
                                These are my favorites - some type of broad leaf fern (possibly
                                sensitive fern, but I'm not sure)


                            

Here is the only mushroom I have seen thus far, and even he is hiding.


And finally, God has reminded me how adversity only makes us more beautiful and more interesting sometimes.  If we persevere.

Blessings, friends.

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Love the pictures:) My ferns have started to unfurl. It won't be long until they are spread out.

Penny said...

Lovely -- like a magical forest. Thank you for sharing.

Joanna DeVoe said...

Sooo gorgeous... LOVE the green!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Some see weeds. Those in sync with the Universe see ferns. A walk through a fairyland forest gives strength to the soul.

Thank you for a moment of serenity.
xx, Carol

Valerie Gardiner said...

I love ferns too, especially the curled up crosiers. How lucky you are to have them so close to your home.you've inspired me to look out for some to draw.xxx

margaret said...

another delightful stroll through your woods, many thanks Starr

Suztats said...

I miss walking through the woods and seeing new life spring forth from the soil, so thank you for sharing. I believe those are sensitive ferns......there are some ferns coming up in the gardens here. Raining again today or I might have taken a walk in the local park.....too squishy and slippery on the hills in the wet for my bad knee....

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I love to walk through the woods with you. So incredibly gorgeous and magical.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Looks like it would indeed be a wonderful place to walk and breath in all the delicious woodsy fresh air. Lovely pictures Starr :)

barbara cecelia said...

Smiled when I saw your hiding mushroom photo. What a lovely place to walk and enjoy nature. Your photos appear as nature's sanctuary. thanks -- barbara