Flickr

Monday, February 17, 2014

Lovely Gifts from a Lovely Friend


Do you know my friend Jules?  If you do, then you know what a sweet, generous person she is.  We recently agreed to have a swap, and just look at the wonderful treasures she sent to me!


Jules is a very talented artist who paints, stitches, and crafts in a variety of different mediums.  She sent me that gorgeous piece of hand-dyed silk in the photo as well as the hand-crafted paper clay necklace and she even made the little box it came in!


She made the wonderful little bookmark too - all hand stitched. I love the little quote.  And she also sent me the wonderful silk threads and collection of beads. Notice that it is all color coordinated!  I was tickled to death to receive this wonderful collection of gorgeous goodies from my sweet friend.  Jules and I met through blogging, and quickly discovered that we share a love of art, nature, poetry, literature, and even mushrooms!! 

I am so thankful for all of the friends I have made through blogging.  I have met so many wonderful and talented people, and as you can see, also a lot of very generous and loving spirits.  I feel so blessed to have friends like Jules to share my interests with.

Jules has a wonderful blog called Adventures in Thread where she shares her beautiful handmade dolls (they're to die for!) her embroideries, nature photos, and sometimes even tours of some of the beautiful homes and gardens of her native England.  She's a sweet, talented lady with a beautiful blog full of lovely things to share.  I'm sure she would love for you to come and visit her sometime.

And thank you for visiting me here! I've got lots of projects to share with you soon - sewing, gardening, stitching and more!

12 comments:

Margo Brooks said...

How sweet! You are sure to put that stash to good use.

LesleyAnn said...

You have such a lovely blog and talents. Your friend, Jules, whose blog I also visit, is equally talented. What beautiful gifts you've received. The fabric is amazing. The greens are soothing ... like cool grass on a hot summer day. I love it.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Jules totally rocks! I love her to bits! What a great bunch of goodies from across the pond.
xx

margaret said...

you have a lovely collection of gifts here Starr and I have seen the lovely thingyou sent to Jules too being a follower of her blog

Jules Woolford said...

Oh, what a sweet and generous post. You made everything look much more beautiful because of your clever arrangement of my bitties:) It was wonderful to share this experience with you. I am so thrilled with my bluebird - and lots of other people are too - I've had so many comments about it!xxx

Valerie Gardiner said...

What a lovely gift and those colours are gorgeous, perfect for the wonderland in springtime, clever you Jules!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a lovely exchange. I love what you made for Jules. Isn't amazing the connection one can share with someone you have never met in person.

Winnie said...

Very lovely treasures! You will be able to create some very nice items with those goodies!

Suztats said...

Ooooh, what lovely goodies! I wonder what you're planning to create with them. ;-)

Jeri Landers said...

There are so many generous souls out there in blogland. I wonder what wonderful use you will put these lovely items to?!

Raewyn said...

Gosh what a beautiful gift! I'm continually amazed at the power of friendships we make through blogging.

Give Lovely said...

I am love with these Lovely Gifts and i am going to find these for my lover really appreciated.