Flickr

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's Snowing in Wonderland










I realize that for most of you, snow is not the least bit remarkable.  But for us, in central Alabama, it is just short of a miracle.  It has been snowing heavily for over 6 hours.  All of the roads are closed in our county.  It took my husband 2 hours to drive the 25 miles home from his work in town, but we are now all together safe and sound.  Snug and warm and giddy with joy.  We have been walking and sledding and snowball fighting all day and now we are resting and thawing and re-fueling to head back out for more fun in the snow.  For us, snow days are a miraculous, wondrous, astonishingly beautiful gift from above and we are not going to waste a second of it.

Thank you, Mary Ann for the snow! I've been asking you for months, and it finally made it!! xoxo


14 comments:

Valerianna said...

I've always loved it, even though we usually get TONS of it, I don't tire of it easily. Have fun!!

Janet said...

We've had enough snow and cold here in Indiana but your pictures are beautiful! Enjoy the magic.

Jules Woolford said...

Oh my gosh! Winter Wonderland! Starr - you're in your very own Robert Frost poem now. have a magical time!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O (sigh) enjoy your snow. I won't say a bad word about it.

Your first picture is, well, a picture!! So beautiful and serene. I like your birdhouse. I'd pin it to pinterest on my Yard Art board, but I'll just come back when I want to see it again. Terry's mom has a bell just like yours.

Enjoy your snow play. I'd send you mine if I could. All 66" we have had so far.
xx, Carol

margaret said...

it is such a pretty picture in your wonderland. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, I love to see it when fresh but once it goes to slush and all dirty it is not a pretty sight

Penny said...

Here in North Carolina we had a nice snow fall also. Its been very, very cold this winter but the snow seems to make it cozier - I like it!

Winnie said...

Lovely pictures, Starr! Enjoy your snow. :-)

Doniene said...

Fabulous photos!! Enjoy!!

Blessings

Beth P said...

What fabulous photos! I admit that snow is something we up here in New Hampshire take for granted and you have reminded me why we shouldn't! :D
I just found your blog through Jules' blog Adventures in Thread.
Hugs and stay warm and safe!
Beth P

Mary Ann said...

You can have more if you want it:) Well that is certainly different winter colours than you're used to and must have come as a shock for some. Lovely pictures.

Suztats said...

A winter wonderland for you and yours, Starr! Enjoy the snow day(s)! Have fun.

Deb said...

Beautiful photos of your Winter Wonderland ♥ Enjoy all the beauty!

Deborah OHare said...

So beautiful!

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Your husband's trip must have grueling. I always worry about the other drivers around me when road conditions are bad. But it sounds like you had a snow party when he got home -- a good ending to waiting for dad.