Flickr

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Red Shoes




Inspired by the colors of autumn and all of the beautiful folk art embroidery I've been drooling over online, I drew up my own little folk art harvest pattern, which hopefully will turn into something nice.  It is inspired by the wonderful folk patterns of eastern Europe, particularly Hungary and Poland.  I've seen so many beautiful things, and I wanted to create something of my own in an autumnal palette, which I haven't seen a lot.  Most things are done in primary colors, which are very beautiful!  I just thought it might be nice to see this style in a different range of colors and themes.  Now, the question is,  are my stitching skills up to the task? Yipes!


And in keeping with my new obsession for all things folk arty, while shopping for a pair of boots the other day, I saw these!


Needless to say, I did not come home with a pair of boots, but a gorgeous pair of red clogs! They make me so happy when I wear them,  I'm like a little girl with her first pair of red shoes.....come to think of it, this IS my first pair of red shoes!!!


14 comments:

Winnie said...

Love the red clogs!! I cannot wait to see how your autumn harvest embroidery works up. Love the color scheme you have chosen! :)

Mary Ann said...

I love those clogs :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your autumn design and red clogs look great! Looking forward to seeing your design all stitched.

Valerianna said...

Such a great red color... they look comfortable. Where are they from?

margaret said...

your folk project looks lovely and yes I know you have the talent to stitch it, love the red clogs, always think clogs look so hard to wear, I like a soft leather and wood is so solid, are they comfortable?

Suztats said...

Red clogs?!! Fabulous!
Know what I thought when I saw your neat design? I was thinking pumpkin turns into coach a la Cinderella! (Must be from reading so many fairy tales to Jewel while she was visiting.....lol...) Love the curliques. And I'll look forward to seeing it all stitched up.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love your drawing. I had that same Cinderella thought. What is your technique for stitching the pattern from your drawing. Did you draw on tearaway? I sure like the colors you chose. Good Stitching to you.
xx, Carol

Jules Woolford said...

It all looks scrumptious. Super design! You'll have no problem.

I want your red clogs! (Oh,and the adorable little pumpkin too, please, hee hee. Thank you!:)!

Raewyn said...

I've just discovered your beautiful blog and look forward to seeing more :-) I love your little embroidery design!

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

I have shoe envy.

Doniene said...

I LOVE the red clogs!! I can see why they make you happy!!!

Such a nice blog you have!!

Blessings

Deb said...

Love your red clogs & anything folk art ~ your harvest pattern is wonderful.

FOLKWAYS NOTEBOOK said...

Starr -- Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your nature photos are so warm and inviting. Those red shoes were wonderful -- I wanted to reach into the screen and grab them. Folk is one of my passions. -- barbara

Starr White said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! They make me so happy :) For all of you who have asked, my red clogs are made by a company called Spring Step. Just Google "spring step red clogs" and you should get several links where you can purchase them, and they come in several colors. I love them so much, I want them in black and navy - shhhhh, don't tell my husband!!! teehee!!!