Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Week in September - Thursday

Meadow grasses and morning light, Starr White
It is hard to convey the scale of things in a photograph, so I wanted to tell you that these gorgeous towering grasses are around 7 feet tall!!!  My husband has cut me a trail right through the middle of them, and I feel rather like an insect walking along with grass towering above my head.  I wish you could be here to see them dancing gracefully in the morning breeze, glistening with dew.  Birds darting in and out. Crickets chirping softly in the deep.  The buzz of grasshoppers wings. And oh, the golden sunlight..... It really is quite magical!!

5 comments:

Winnie said...

Love how you captured the sunlight dancing on the grass! I am a sun fanatic when it comes to taking pictures. I try to capture the sunbeams or glistening sunlight on objects whenever I can.

I can smell the rich green earthy smells that you must enjoy while walking through your own little maze!

Valerianna said...

I love grasses - the way they play with wind and light and turn even more beautiful late in the season. I can almost here the insects.

Jules Woolford said...

At last I managed to post! Loving your week of beautiful leaves and blossoms. I wish I could be there to walk through those amazing grasses in the sunshine. It's grey, dank and wet here today :(!x

margaret said...

magical is the word for it, I can picture these grasses so well and understand about you feeling like an insect.

Suztats said...

It reminds me of those wonderful childhood days when we had the freedom to run through the grasses, and down to the creek, creating adventures in our imaginations and finding joy in our surroundings.