Flickr

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mr. Troll's Big Adventure


This is my little friend, Mr. Troll.  He lives in the cabinet which houses my computer.  Today I took him out for a walk with me.  He's great company, although he is a bit shy.


It took some doing, but I finally convinced him that you would very much like to see him.


We like all the same things - rocks and ferns and mushrooms and mosses.  In fact, mushrooms are his favorite food!  He also likes earthworms, eeeeeew.


The first stop along the way was a visit to his friend, Toad.


We brought him flowers.


Then we went down to the creek. Mr. Troll likes it here, because it is cool and dark (the bright light kinda hurts his eyes) and this is where the mushrooms grow.  It was approaching lunch time, so we decided to look around for something to eat.


"These are lovely!" I said.  But he says this kind is too tough for him to chew. (He's only got two front teeth, you see)


He settled on this lovely yellow one.  He asked if I wanted a bite , but I told him I can't eat these.  I think he was relieved.


We had to stop and admire every mushroom we passed along the way.


"Spectacular!" he cried when we saw this gorgeous shaggy looking specimen.


Who knew he would turn out to be such a ham?


Then he said he wanted a house like Toad's.  And this one has a garden!


Nom, nom, nom.....


I told him that I would be very sad if he moved out, so we decided to compromise and make him a little tree house to play in on nice days.  We spruced up the front door a little bit, and he was happy.

And that was Mr. Troll's big adventure :)

10 comments:

Valerianna said...

Enchanting post, Starr!!!! Love that troll, his hair looks a bit like that strange, stringy mold I sometimes find, and his little tree-house-fort is wonderful! Thanks for sharing his adventure, I had a lot of fun!

margaret said...

Starr you are a star, very moving story of Mr Troll`s adventures, and yours too of course. have never seen such a collection of mushrooms before, what a beautiful place you have there, I know I have told you before how I love your woods and grounds, I am not one to be jealous but I fear jealousy creeping in now.

Meg said...

You're hilarious! What an adorable story. I love how awestruck Mr Troll looks when he peers at the shaggy toadstool - and nom nom nom of course! I had just been looking for ideas for fairy doors to put on the tree in my back yard - and there you are sprucing up a den for Mr Troll. Great minds think alike!

Starr White said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, dear friends. Mr. Troll will be so happy when I tell him how much you enjoyed his photos, although I fear it may go to his head a little bit! ;)

Winnie said...

What a great adventure you and Mr. Troll had! Love the pictures of all the mushrooms. Too cute :)

Suztats said...

Oh, what fun!

Jeri Landers said...

Mr Troll, Delighted to meet you! I think you have a lot in common with the folks here in the Hollow. In fact, the frogs are having a mushroom roast and bonfire to-do here next weekend They will be most honored if you could join them. They will save you a seat on the softest bed of moss.
That was fun and charming Starr, I think I am smitten with the not so elegant Mr Troll.

Faye Cook said...

Starr do you follow Salley Mavor blog.She has just recently been talking about a great exhibition of fairy houses at Highfield house and gardens which I hate to say is now over .But I have sent a link to compare Trolls house with the fairy houses.

http://weefolkstudio.com/2013/06/17/fairy-house-exhibit-installations-underway/

Faye Cook said...

Starr do you follow Salley Mavor blog.She has just recently been talking about a great exhibition of fairy houses at Highfield house and gardens which I hate to say is now over .But I have sent a link to compare Trolls house with the fairy houses.

http://weefolkstudio.com/2013/06/17/fairy-house-exhibit-installations-underway/

Starr White said...

Thank you for the link, Faye! I'm afraid Mr. Troll's little play house is rather humble compared to those beautiful works of art. Now you've gone and done it. Mr. Troll is now demanding some upgrades to his little abode! I've got my work cut out for me!!