Flickr

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Golden Moth - Another Adventure in Watercolor


Thank you all so much for your kind words of encouragement regarding my last two posts.  You know how it is.  I think all of us creatives go through the occasional funk, and it is such a blessing to have a supportive group of fellow artists to share the journey.  Thank you for that.  I am so thankful for all of my blogging friends and community.  You all are a constant source of encouragement and inspiration.  Bless you!

This beautiful golden moth breathed her last on our back porch last weekend, and I couldn't resist the opportunity to paint her.  She just looked like a living watercolor to me.  I enjoyed working with these colors and experimenting with creating texture on the watercolor paper.  I made scratch marks with, of all things, a pair of sharp tweezers!  I got out the tweezers to pick up a few loose hairs that had come out of the new brush I was using, and I liked the squiggly scratches it left in the paint, so I went with it and made some more.  I love those kinds of happy accidents.

3 comments:

Valerianna said...

Beautiful looking moth... don't think we have golden moths up here. It's just past luna moth time, though, and boy are those just magnificent!

margaret said...

a beautiful painting and love the background you have created too.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's beautiful. I love the colors.