Flickr

Friday, May 17, 2013

Catching a Buzzzzzz...........


OK.

Actually it was more like trying to capture the essence of the bumblebee.

but that just doesn't sound nearly as interesting :)




More and more practice.  Today's subject was - you guessed it - the humble bumble bee.  So, I spent the better part of 2 hours making bumblebees until I was satisfied.  I was inspired by a poor little lifeless soul I found clinging to a board out on the deck.  And the wonderful, lovable little bumbles painted by the incomparable Marjolein Bastein.  My watercolor idol.    And, finally.....


Tah dah! My first handmade greeting card made for a dear friend.  Just a little white Dutch clover and a bumblebee.  Sweet and simple.  I hope it makes her smile. (And you too!)

Happy Weekend, friends xoxo

10 comments:

Valerianna said...

Really lovely clover blossom - I love how full the empty spaces become.

Jules said...

I think this is really charming and delightful. Your friend will be thrilled. And yet something else we have in common - I love Marjolein Bastein's work too!x

Suztats said...

Just buzzzing along on your bumbles! They look great! And your card is just delightful! It's sure to be loved.

Mary Ann said...

I've been a fan of Marjolein Bastein's work for years. I just love her work.

http://www.marjoleinbastin.com/en

Deb said...

We have had so many bees in the garden already ♥ I am also a huge Margolein Bastin fan ~ her watercolours are breathtaking!
I love your little bee ... and your handmade greeting card is wonderful - a gift in itself.
Have a great weekend.

Lisa Graham said...

Your bees are so sweet. Love all the nature this and that on your blog. I am a nature lover too! Greetings from Wichita, Kansas!

Jeri Landers said...

very nice indeed! I too love Marjolein and bumbles!

margaret said...

your bees are so lifelike, here in the UK there are problems, a shortage of bees which is a great worry for pollination etc and honey too.

Winnie said...

Practice makes perfect! Your friend will love your greeting card! :)

Meg said...

And oh, I DO love the card. It really DID bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much - it is simply adorable! You are such a clever friend.