Flickr

Monday, March 18, 2013

Fish On Fridays


So named because I seemed to find myself stitching on it on Fridays for some reason.  You may recall this little fishy from a previous post, and I finally got around to putting him in some water - albeit a stylized, modern interpretation of water.

This little project is an attempt to combine my love of the very traditional craft of embroidery with my love of modern art.  It's a first step.  Another experiment.  Seems like everything I make is an experiment.  But, I do feel that I'm getting closer to what I'm searching for.  Overall, I am very satisfied with this piece because it does seem to be a major step toward developing my own personal style (I hope!)

Thanks for visiting, and happy stitching!!!

7 comments:

bohemiannie! art said...

And what a lovely personal style it IS! YES! I think it's wonderful.

Mary Ann said...

Lovely...a one of kind piece of art:)

Valerianna said...

Nice interpretation of water... and the fish looks good there, I think!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think this is a very cool contemporary piece. It will be fun to watch how your "style" evolves and becomes your identity.
xx, Carol

Jules said...

Fabulous! I love the colours of the fish and your fresh and contemporary style.

Deb said...

Love this post on "developing your own personal style".
Thank you for stopping by ~ sorry no tips on rooting ginger but if you do try I'd love to see how it works :-)
Have a great weekend.

Jeri Landers said...

Good morning to you! I love your "New" style.It's important to develop your own signature look and that is what you are doing. The deep blues and purples of the sea are a wonderful contrast to the fish ( who, I might add, is simply a stunner!)