Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stitching A Prayer





My very first prayer flag.  2013 will be a year of major changes and lots of uncertainty for me and my family, and quite frankly, I have lately been almost overcome with anxiety.  I'm not one of those people who handles change well, and I'm certainly not comfortable with total uncertainty, so I've been struggling a bit.  And praying a lot.  I love the idea of stitching a prayer flag  - to somehow give a physical form to my prayers.  And so, here it is.  The first of many, I'm sure.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a hope and a future." 
                                                   - Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I hope things settle quickly for you. Hang your flag when the breeze can carry you prayers to the Universe.

Happy Valentine's Day
Carol

margaret said...

such a wonderful idea Starr, you are on my prayer list so prayers winging their way from the UK

Renata's arts and crafts said...

Love your combination of fabrics and I think is a great idea of combining your spiritual needs with your talents

Suztats said...

I'm adding a prayer to your beautiful prayer flag. Hope is a perfect word when facing uncertainties, and it's my hope that all works out well for you and yours. Hugs

Deb said...

Gorgeous prayer flag! Making them was on my "to do" list last Summer and I found creating them relaxing & therapeutic. Like Carol said "let the breeze carry your prayers to the Universe".

bohemiannie! art said...

I'll have to read your last posts to find out what's happening. I sure hope all is well. I'm going through major changes too and getting to a place of welcoming what life is bringing. I still struggle a bit...but it's going to be alright with you and with me too. I really love your prayer flag. I think it'll be even more beautiful when the weather causes the fringe to curl. Beautiful stitches.