Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Here is the completed reindeer ornament from my last post. I added some evergreen sprigs and a little sparkle with some silvered glass beads. I tried to capture the idea of his bounding through the forest.
On the back, I played around with combining faux bois and sashiko. Whadya think? Does this work? I can't decide.
And I also finished up my experimental 3D toadstool ornament with a jute twine bow and hanger. I really like that frayed edge and plan to use that again in the future. Just goes to show that sometimes when things go wrong, it can lead you in a new and unexpected direction. I love when that happens.
So, these ornies are completed and now I'm sitting here drumming my fingers. Wondering where to go from here. I had thought about creating a bunch of ornaments and trying to sell them on Etsy, but I'm not sure. I just don't know if I could make enough of them to make it worth my while - or if they would even sell! I have no experience with selling my work online or elsewhere for that matter, and I'm a little reluctant to try to go there. It's a thought that keeps lurking. We'll see.