Thursday, November 15, 2012

Golden Hours

"In fancy's eye I'll fetch thy shade again,
And of this lovely day I'll think and sigh,
And ponder o'er this sweetly-passing hour,
And feel as then the throes of joys gone by,
When I was young, and thou a blooming bower."
- John Clare













My world is glowing, red and gold.  Such a lovely time.  I feel a calm descending inside and out.  Everything seems softer, quieter, and somehow more precious.  

The fallen leaves have dyed the water in the pool below the waterfall the color of tea.

I've been spending as much time as I can outdoors.  Soaking it up.  For me, nature is so restorative.  So peaceful.  I have a new project in the planning phase, but no photos to show yet.  I've just been doing some doodle stitching for the past couple of weeks.  Playing around with sashiko and texture.  Trying to think of a way to use this textural stitching in my work.  I think I've come up with a fun way to use it in my latest project.  I'm taking my time.  Planning each phase carefully.  Trying not to be so impatient.  We'll see how it goes.......

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Its funny how each of us feels differently about each season. The fall is not my time of year. The colors are beautiful, true. But its the end of my best time of year, summer. I look forward to the holidays, but when they are done, my countdown to summer begins.

margaret said...

Once again you have transported me into a different world, thank you so much. I have woods near me unfortunately they are not safe to walk in alone, but can always go back to this blog and be uplifted.

it is hard to be patient when starting a new project isn`t it, I will be starting something new soon but must do something about Christmas first.

Starr White said...

Thanks for stopping by, Carol. Our summers are murderously hot, humid, and buggy! It's no wonder I am so relieved when autumn finally comes. I'm sure I would like summer more if I lived farther north where it is more pleasant. But then again, I've always been a little different! ;)

Starr White said...

Dear Margaret, please stop by anytime! I will work harder so that you may enjoy a virtual walk in my woods whenever you like.

Suztats said...

The restorative powers of Mother Nature! I am never so alive as when I am outside in the forest, the scent of pine and cedar in my nostrils, the soft carpet of leaves underfoot. There, I feel small, but bursting with the power and essence of all around me.
Your woodland is a wonderland.

Starr White said...

Bless you, Suz. What a wonderful, beautiful comment. Methinks thou art a kindred spirit! :)