Flickr

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Spider Soiree'


A very early morning walk.  Just as the sun was coming up.  I could see my breath in the chill morning air.


We had a good soaking rain yesterday.  The dewdrops were clinging heavily to this old red cedar.


And everywhere  I looked - in the meadow, in the woods, in the yard, there were spider webs....



Lots of spider webs......



Clearly, there was a party here last night, and I wasn't invited!!  Considering that the whole of Wonderland Woods appears to be draped in silky webs, there are surprisingly few spiders to be found.  I guess they're sleeping it off.....;)

5 comments:

margaret said...

how I enjoyed your walk through the woods, some beautiful spider webs, my garden is lacking them this year, now I know why you have got all the spiders.

Starr White said...

haha! Margaret! I shall whisper to some of my spider friends who have made their home along my trail to come and visit you at your house! Beware though, it's kind of creepy in a way for the whole world to be covered in spider webs! Kind of magical too though :)

Emily said...

They look cool. Perfect for this time of year!!

Starr White said...

Yes, Emily. It isn't too difficult to see how the spider has woven its way into Halloween folklore. They're everywhere this time of year!

SewAmy said...

I just think spider webs are amazing. So delicate and beautiful.