Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Looking and Listening

Not knowing what direction to go next, I pulled out my fabric stash and laid it all out on the table. These fabrics began to whisper to me.  Indigo, red, and that wonderful striped fabric I love.  Yep, that's a pair of old blue jeans that are worn and tattered and just the perfect color.  They need to be recycled :)

So, I listened.  And I looked.  And I got out my trusty scissors and went to work.  Just making some simple shapes to play with.  Playing with color, texture, and arrangement.


And looking some more.  I'm trying a new approach.  I'm trying to let the materials tell me what they want to do.  And I am trying to learn to listen.

I like what I'm hearing so far.

3 comments:

margaret said...

looking forward to see what you are going to do with your assorted fabrics, I have my granddaughter`s jeans that the paramedic had to cut off her (her best ones of course) and want to do something with those, I expect they will lie around the house for ages yet but like you I will listen to them and see what they say to me.

Suztats said...

I'm liking the look of this.
Waiting for more, please.

bohemiannie! art said...

I like what you're hearing so far too...and as you already know...love the end result!!!