Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"A Haunting We Will Go!" is Finished.....

Well, at least I think it is.  For the moment anyway. 

I added a little footpath out to the graveyard,  and changed the gravestones to cover up my horrible stitching.

I also added a spooky tree and a little stumpwork pumpkin. I guess the tree qualifies as stumpwork too?  It has a base of felt with yarn couched down and then fly-stitches on top of the yarn in varying shades of gray. And then I got tired.

So here it is as it stands today.  I had planned to do more, but I'm ready to move on to something else!  I'm relatively new to embroidery and I guess I'm a slow stitcher, but it seems like I've been working on this project forever and a day.  Perhaps next year when I am feeling in the Halloween mood again, I will pick it back up and add a few more details to it.  But, for now, this is it.  I hope you like it.  I am learning, and sometimes it is a bit frustrating when things don't turn out as you wish.  But, we must keep trying!  Keep working, keep learning, and don't give up!  Chin up, chest out, deep breath, and move on.  And when all else fails, have some tea and a cookie.  Thanks for visiting ;)

6 comments:

Suztats said...

It looks good, Starr.
Embroidery can be challenging, I agree, but stitching calms me, and is rather meditative (except when it's frustrating ..lol..)

Emily said...

Very nice work! The pumpkin is a nice addition. I like the swirls in the sky too!

margaret said...

looks really good and worth all your effort, stitching is so addictive you will soon pick up speed. Love the tree and pumpkin that you have added.

SewAmy said...

Your work is wonderful and adorable.

Starr White said...

Thanks so much to all my sweet blogging friends for your words of encouragement. You are a wonderful, sweet, funny and generous bunch of gals. Hugs to you all!!

Rachel said...

One of the important things to learn about embroidery is when to stop!