Saturday, September 29, 2012

In Celebration of Autumn


Every autumn for as long as I can remember I have picked a big bouquet of wildflowers.  Autumn is the high season for wildflowers here.  Spring is too temperamental - cold one day, hot the next.  Summer is much too hot.  But autumn is juuuuussst right!  And so, this little ritual of picking a big bouquet and arranging them has become one of my favorite ways to celebrate the season.  This year I thought I would share them with you. Happy Autumn everyone!  Blessings of the season to you and yours.  Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

margaret said...

a very cheerful vase, seems a funny word to describe them but your flowers have cheered me up and put a smile on my face. I also love autumn, the leaves are changing colour now but the garden does not know what is happening as my magnolia has one flower!

Starr White said...

I'm so happy my wildflowers made you smile, Margaret. I have a crazy azalea blooming in my yard! Every family has a crazy cousin, every garden has a crazy flower!

Suztats said...

That's a lovely bouquet, Starr. Flowers lift the spirits, I think, so thanks for lifting mine.

Emily said...

Beautiful flowers!! :)

Starr White said...

Thanks Suz and Emily! I'm glad you enjoyed them...wish I could send you a bouquet!