Thursday, August 16, 2012

Feelin' Spooky!!


Hello, friends!  I've been visiting great blogs and flipping through magazines looking at all the terrific Halloween arts and crafts that are coming out.  It's got me in the mood to make something spooky!  This is a little felt pumpkin head I made last autumn.  I wanted to make a doll, but errrrr.....let's just say I had trouble with the body.  I've been using him as a pincushion ever since.  Poor tortured soul.  But he doesn't look like he minds too much, does he?  He was inspired by this photo I saw in a magazine...


Aren't they cute?  Spooky, but sweet.  That's what I like.  I'm not a guts and gore kinda girl.  I just think these characters are adorable, and I'm going to try again to make a body similar to this for my little friend.  I've also pulled out an old papier mache' body I made last year and sculpted a head for it....again.  I've made two previous ones, but I think I tried for too much detail and they cracked, the ears fell off....it wasn't pretty.  So, this time, I tried to go a bit simpler and I'm drying the head inside a loose plastic bag, so maybe that will help reduce the shrinkage and the cracking.


At this stage, he is more creepy than cute!  But, hopefully when he dries and I can paint him a face, he will be a bit more presentable.  I could call him See No Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak No Evil, but that just seems wrong.  What kind of spooky fun have you been up to?

P.S.  I could really use some advice on making a doll body for my friend's head.  If you know of any good tutorials on-line somewhere, would you please let me know?  Thanks!

No comments: