this post . I added a second oak leaf and attempted to create some depth of field by placing it behind the little grassy sprouts. I also placed some of the pine needles behind the stem and used only 1 strand of a darker thread to try to make it appear as if it is farther in the background.
inspiration photo. So, I began to experiment as I was working - just trying different things. I let go of the idea that I had to use a conventional, documented embroidery stitch, and I just focused on recreating the 'feeling' of those bumpy little spots.
I continue to be amazed at how much I learn from these little projects. I had a wonderful teacher that used to say, "We learn by doing." That is so true. The best way to learn something is to just jump in there and go for it and not worry about failure. Every failure is a valuable lesson, and therefore, is nothing to fear! Now that this little guy is finished, I am looking forward to the next project and the lessons it holds for me.