Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fun with Fungi!

OK.  You know by now that I love mushrooms.  Well, for a girl who loves mushrooms, mosses, and lichens, this is shaping up to be a banner year.  Abundant rainfall and mild temperatures have created ideal growing conditions for my fungal friends, and I have lots of new photos of them to share.
Yesterday, we spent the afternoon playing in the creek below our house.  Actually, I spent the afternoon peeking into the small, small world that thrives along the banks of the creek.  It's such a beautiful, magical place to me and always has been since I was a small child.  For me, it's the place where fairytales are born.
This tiny, delicate world is full of beauty and wonder.  It's so easy to imagine fairies and gnomes hiding out in these secret places in between the forest and streams.  After all, if you were a little fairy, wouldn't you like to hang out here?  I know I would.                                                                                                                 


 

2 comments:

Meg said...

I would like to hang out there, fairy or not. And the tiny fungi are so cute!

Starr White said...

Meg, you are most welcome anytime!