Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Fever



I have to say this is the most spectacular spring I have ever seen.  The mild winter was a bit of a disappointment for me, but spring is more than making up for it with her breathtaking display of beauty.  It seems that the entire woods are blooming.  Things are blooming that I have never before even noticed.  Perhaps it is because I am looking more closely.  Typically, in this area, we have a late frost or two that spoils many of the early blossoms, but that has not been a problem so far this year.  Dare I plant some vegetables?  Tomatoes? Peppers?  No, I don't think so.  Not before Easter.  We usually have one last cold snap around Easter.  It seems to always be cold or raining on Easter Sunday when we southern ladies are dressed up in our finest new spring frocks.  I nearly always have to wear an ugly winter coat on top of my new Easter dress, but maybe not this year.  Come to think of it, I don't have a new dress for Easter this year, so it will probably be a gorgeous day.  Oh well, I'll just wear one of my old ones sans overcoat and no one will be the wiser!

No comments: